Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's the Final Countdown

I'm 15 days away from my trek to New England and my last bastion of color is ready to be covered in neutral puke.  Jared posed for a pic as he pulled down the last mirror in my beautiful teal hallway and noticed afterward that it looks like he's taking a pee:


Tragic thing is, I just renovated, rewired, and painted this hallway less than a year ago, and that damn chandalier was not cheap!  Oh well, I'm sure it will compliment "Marina" nicely and hopefully some boring sucker will appreciate my hard work.

Know what else I'm counting down?  15 days until I leave the student who was stupid enough to come and train with me right before I left.  I actually really enjoy having students because they keep me on my toes, requiring me to think about every little thing I do and how I do it.  Students are also nice because you can bully them all you want and what can they do about it?  You're in charge of their grades so they have to pretend you are right!

Despite their advantages, students are also exhausting what with their incessant chatter, questions, and whining about their homework.  When my current student went out of town this weekend, I got a little excited thinking I was really going to enjoy some alone time.  Guess what?  I miss the gassy lunatic (she cropdusted me recently and I cannot let her live it down)!  Marie, the new CNM and I, actually had to see all the patients today.  I haven't had to do my charting by myself since January and it sucks!  I even attended a lovely rapid birth today and felt bad my student missed it.  

If I examine my true feelings, I probably miss my student because I don't have anyone to abuse while she's gone.  I can't abuse Marie anymore because she's graduated and is my equal!  I can't abuse the office staff because then they wouldn't help me with my crappy phone calls and other grunt work!  Whatever the reason for my sadness, I texted the following pic with a love note telling the student I miss her.  Want to guess what I'm doing?


If you said eating black licorice while peeing in a John at the hospital right after the birth she missed, then you would be correct.  My upcoming move is making me wax sentimental, but never fear, I haven't lost any of my class...





No comments:

Post a Comment