Tuesday, March 5, 2019

It's One AM. Do you Know Where Your Kids Are?

I've had a busy day on call today!  I've already done 3 deliveries and I'm waiting on a 4th to get a move on with her cervix dilating so she can evict her baby out of her vagina.  I'm an insomniac even when I'm home in my own bed, but when I'm on call, I am either up with laboring ladies, or I'm worried that a laboring lady will call me, so I just can't sleep.  Lucky for me, I have good friends that feel safe texting me at hours that anyone else would consider rude.  This means that I have constant entertainment - even as I lay blinking into the night.  What did I get today at 1 AM Eastern time?  Well, from one friend who likes to type the F bomb a lot to show me how tough he is, I got this:




I actually felt a little sad.  Not for me of course, but for Jared.  If you actually read my blog, you would know I have discussed King Kong Bundy in a previous post and you would therefore know about Jared's love of all things professional wrestling.  Anytime a particularly interesting character bites the dust, I mourn just a little for him and his stupid embarrassing habits.  I of course immediately texted him the same link, but because it's one AM Eastern time, he was asleep and did not respond...


My potty mouth friend eventually stopped texting because it's 10 PM in California and since he's a whimp, he probably fell asleep.  Lucky for me, my friend Kareena started texting me about the booger she had just picked, complete with nose hair.  She hinted that she may have taken photographic proof and by George did she deliver!










I especially appreciate the penny she included as a size reference.  How thoughtful!  For a split second, I was almost worried that perhaps Kareena was more disgusting than I was.  I mean, this felt epic to me and I didn't want to find myself in a situation where I had to PROVE to anyone how gross I can be.  However, I remembered that I had enthusiastically encouraged her to send the pic, so at minimum, we are equals.  Take that Kareena!


Yep, 1 AM during your 24 hour call shift isn't so bad when you've got friends to help you through it.  Now if only they would leave me alone so I could get some sleep!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment