Thursday, April 28, 2016

I Miss You Reed's Dairy...

Today was only the second time since my arrival to the Ocean State that I considered tucking my tail between my legs and running home to the Gem State.  What happened?  This:


I've heard for the last month how great the ice cream at Three Sisters cafe in Providence is.  In fact, several folks have said that it has, "the best ice cream!"  Given that I come from Idaho Falls, I believe I am an ice cream expert because of my proximity to Reed's Dairy.  Reed's Dairy is in a class all its own.  Even if you remove the homemade waffle cones they make on site and their chocolate milk and seasonal egg nog from the equation, I have NEVER found ice cream that matches Reed's.  I won't say that the Three Sisters has terrible ice cream, but it just isn't Reed's.  I called my mom in a panic to tell her we had a situation in Rhode Island regarding the availability of quality ice cream.  She talked me down from my ledge and reminded me that before I did anything rash, I should think about all the other Rhode Island experiences that I have loved so far. 

She's right!  I've been exploring all over this state so that I can find special things to show my lover and babies, and there is lots to love!  In fact, I went back to Newport today to check out the cliff walk.  Beautiful ocean on one side of the trail, and giant mansions on the other!  Best of all, look what I did while I walked:


Yep, I picked up litter on my way.  My children HATE that I pick up litter, but I HATE litter and litterbugs!  It impedes my ability to enjoy my surroundings when idiots screw up mother earth!  I even hauled out a bag of dog crap and a beer can I found at Goddard Memorial Park this week.  My kids would have been mortified but I'm seriously committed to my cause!  I can't wait until my demons arrive and I can make them pick up trash from the beaches before I'll buy them substandard ice cream from the local ice cream shops when we are out enjoying nature! 

I miss you Reed's Dairy.  In fact, I miss all of Idaho!  I miss the mountains, I miss the non-existent traffic, I miss the rivers, the stars, and the family I left in the borders of the Gem State.  However, don't get excited Idaho.  I'm not headed home just yet because check out just a sampling of what I saw this week:








This last pic is a pile of dog poop that someone let their animal leave in the middle of a trail I was exploring.  It pissed me off and I'm going to start carrying poop bags so I can continue to beautify my surroundings.  My kids are going to be so excited!  Especially after they taste the ice cream!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I think you win on the landscape issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think you win on the landscape issue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer up, Charlie. Give me a smile. What happened to that smile I used to know? Don't you know your smile has always been my sunshine? Let that sunshine show.

    ReplyDelete