Monday, April 11, 2016

I'm not in Idaho Anymore Toto...

These last few days have been filled with new reminders that I am not in Idaho anymore.  The first happened when I went to church yesterday.  My church group meets not in a good old fashioned church house, but on the second floor of an office building downtown.  Once I got adjusted to that idea, I suddenly realized that nearly everyone in the building had a different ethnicity than I.  Turns out that most of them are Liberian refuges to be exact.  I just came from one of the most vanilla places on this planet and am now surrounded by all the chocolate I can handle!  Lest you think this was a negative experience for me, it was not.  I thoroughly enjoyed the eye-popping colors of the dresses the women wore, everyone's unique accent, and how they hugged everyone every chance they got.  I don't know if this is the group I will stay with since it depends on where we end up buying a house, but I certainly would not be disappointed if I did. 

 My second reminder happened all day after church.  Turns out one week exactly after leaving home was the point that I was bombarded with a homesickness wave.  I explored Newport, RI which is filled with gorgeous mansions and lovely beaches which don't exist in Idaho Falls...


but the distraction didn't help much.  I was especially bummed because Jared met up with his sister and brother in Bear Lake, Idaho which as you know, is one of my favorite places on earth.  I saw the pics of their trip, but it just made me sad. 

I eventually got this pic from my lover:


He sent it in response to some scandalous texts and/or pics that I may have sent to him from the bathtub.  Either way, I'm not in Idaho anymore, but his body is, and that bums me out.

I actually was having a pretty good day when I saw this view from a walking path I took today.  I definitely didn't have a view of the ocean in Idaho Falls, though the green belt is darn nice...


However, my positive feelings about not being in Idaho changed again when I stopped to check out the mall in downtown Providence and could not find my car.  That stupid parking garage is HUGE and I am so directionally challenged that I could not remember what floor I was on, even though I had tried to commit it to memory by saying it under my breath 10 times.  After texting my hubby in a panic as if I thought he could help me from so far away, I finally started at the bottom of the garage and pushed the button on my electric key on each level until my horn beeped and let me know I had arrived.  Lucky for me, I scared the crap outta some lady walking by my car when it honked and so everyone noticed the jumping lunatic in the parking garage instead of this idiot who lost the car in the first place!  I can never find my car when I park someplace in Idaho Falls either, but the parking lots are so small there, that it can't hide forever from me!

Don't worry everyone.  I'm good.  The people here have been so nice, the scenery is beautiful, and I'm getting the feel of the city better and better every day.  I just need the fat man to sell my house and move my babies to me so that the most important people I know won't be in Idaho anymore either!

No comments:

Post a Comment