Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Playing Nice in the Sandbox

I have many off-putting character flaws which under normal circumstances, would limit the amount of human contact I'd be able to enjoy.  Thankfully, my mommy taught me how to bake cookies.  I have used my cookies to purchase loyalty and kindness from others, thus overcoming my glaring character flaws.  Knowing the purchasing power of my baked goods, I brought my cookie making supplies to Rhode Island in the hopes of winning a new cadre of followers here.

Despite my many years of expertise, I worried about whether I could bake a proper cookie at a lower altitude.  I also wondered if the hand mixer I purchased might handicap me in a way that my wonderful Kitchenaid stand mixer would not.  Given that I start my new job tomorrow, I decided it was now or never to put the fears to bed.  I do indeed miss my Kitchenaid, but check it out:


Turns out that I am unfettered by location and substandard materials.  I am a cookie goddess!  I took a few cookies to the possible murderer/rapist on the first floor.  I'm hoping if he's planning some act of violence, that the delicious sweets I can whip up might cause him to rethink his strategy.  I'm outta here in 6 months or less buddy!  Save the rape for the next unsuspecting tenant!  

After getting my morsels wrapped up for tomorrow, I tasted one myself.  The verdict?  DELICOUS!


Time to make some new friends!

4 comments:

  1. Ah,yes. Co-workers outside the Mormon-belt cannot resist homemade cookies. Keep your mouth shut for 10 or 15 minutes and they'll all be smitten. Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to shut my mouth around one of those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to shut my mouth around one of those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look dang good. I think you would call what I felt/thought when I saw them a cookie boner.

    ReplyDelete