Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Simple Pleasures

Today I had a really fantastic day in the clinic.  Not only were all of the ladies I saw pleasant and interesting, but the issues they had going on were fascinating as well.  I love days when there is a lot of variety and/or things I don't get to see very often.  My top three from today:

3.  A strawberry cervix

2.  Anal yeast infection with quite an impressive anal fissure

1.  A large Bartholin's abscess that I got to drain a huge amount of gooey pus out of.  Delicious!

If any of these words don't look familiar to you, I suggest you don't Google them, but instead go straight to YouTube.  Trust me on this.  It will be worth your while.  Let's just say it's pretty marvelous being a nurse midwife.

Today was really just icing on the cake after what I saw on Friday while Jared and I were on our way to pick up the littles from school:


That's right friends.  A gnome village right on someone's front lawn.  They also had some gnomes climbing their trees, but I was so excited about their main display, I couldn't be bothered to document anything else.  Plus, I have stopped in front of their house three times already to admire their artistry, so I didn't want to spend time taking a bunch of pics like a gawping idiot.  After all, I don't really want the owners to know how weird I really am, mainly so they won't call the cops when they see me coming. Well played gnome lovers.  I admire your balls for having something so ridiculous on your lawn...

I was really satisfied with my day so far and would have been happy to crawl into bed and thank the heavens for my lucky life.  But better still was what I found downstairs when I got home:


Yep.  My sweet lover has finally framed in my fruit room.  I still have to tile the floor, sheetrock, paint, hang a door...  Ok, I have a lot left to do.  But still, seeing that room framed absolutely made my day.  I Snapchatted about it, then made a video of me bugging Hannah about it:


It was then that I realized one of my most treasured simple pleasures is yelling at Hannah.  I have lots of examples of me doing this over the years.  Here are just two of my favorite examples from the last few months:




Glorious.  I live a blessed life.  How in the world am I ever going to continue being happy once Hannah moves out?  Guess I'm just going to have to fill the void with more of these:



No comments:

Post a Comment