Thursday, March 16, 2017

Meet me at Sabin Point Park...

At last it has happened.  My home in Idaho has sold and I have managed to find another one to purchase here in Rhode Island - in East Providence to be exact.  Funny thing is, the house is about one mile away from my very first apartment in Rhode Island and I'm actually happy to head back to my original stomping grounds.  The house itself is in need of a lot of work which of course suits me just fine.  The beauty thing is that Jared and I should be able to turn it into a right lovely house and since we will finally be together, life will be grand once again.  This home wasn't my first choice, but I think I can be happy there and am ready to move on.  Earlier this week, my mom sent me a pic of Bubba:


She's sleeping on top of Lily because no one got her bed made.  What's really going on is that she's lonely for her momma and has been in need of extra snuggles and love for an entire year.  It makes me sad that all my babies have suffered with so much stress this last year and I'm glad this house sale should put that all to rest.

I have looked at 10 million houses here in Rhode Island and have felt so sad because I LOVED my home in Idaho.  I loved it from the moment I laid eyes on it, and in some ways, still feel weird that it no longer belongs to me.  I've felt so discouraged that I might never find a place I can at least be satisfied with, let alone love.  Today, as if he could read my thoughts, my brother Jameson drove by my Idaho house for old times sake and noticed something interesting in the front yard:


It's a Catholic saint!  I absolutely thought that was awesome and in some ways, it has helped me to let go.  It really doesn't belong to me anymore, and I hope the new owners derive as much happiness there as my family and I did.  Maybe that little saint will protect them from my friend Alyssa.  She's only a few blocks away and they have no idea what they are up against if that lunatic comes knocking on their door.

This evening, after I got done volunteering at the Free Clinic, and after I had giggled about the Catholic Saint for the 10th time, I came home to find the documents I needed to sign for my new home all ready to go.  I put my Herbie Hancock on everything and realized I'm about one month away from closure on a space of my own.  It will feel good to start planting, painting, sanding, and settling into my new domain.  Here's the envelope that my Earnest money is in...


I guess it's official.  My life in Rhode Island is going to finally be permanent and it only took me a year to make it so.  In fact, my one year anniversary hits on April 1st... Which also happens to be the first day that Del's Lemonade opens around Rhode Island...  Hey!  Meet me at Sabin Point Park everyone!  We'll get us some Del's, swing on the swings, look at the ocean, and then go hang out at my new place and laugh about what a baby I've been for the last year!





2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!! I should show up at your new house in the bear suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant old house, not new one. But I should go to your new hosue too!

    ReplyDelete