Tuesday, July 12, 2016

There's an Emoji For That

I have two teenagers who refuse to communicate with me effectively unless it's assisted by technology.  Just a few short years ago, I had no idea what an meme, a vine, or an emoji was, but unfortunately, my stupid teens have corrupted my low tech life.

In addition to memes and vines, my girls also introduced me to Snapchat.  I originally planned to use it as a way to keep an eye on my kids, but hate to admit that I now use it nearly as much they do.  I use it to communicate with my teens in all sorts of inappropriate ways like this:


And this...


Since moving to Rhode Island, I also have the pleasure of visiting with my girls through endless text messages.  Hannah sent me a meme the other day and I responded with, "ha ha that's funny."  She then insinuated my understanding of proper emoji use was subpar...  Oh just read it yourself:


Do you see what she did at the end?  She absolutely blew my mind!  I had no idea drawing a pic with emojis was even possible!  We traded a few more insults like this one:


Then I texted them to my friends Kareena and Sarah.  Their minds were also blown.  Given that we couldn't let some snot nosed teens best us, Kareena came up with this:

  
I loved her dusty spider web vagina, BTW.  And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Sarah came up with this:


I was astounded.  So were the teens!  Hannah, who started the whole thing, thought it was incredible, and she was right!  It wasn't until the next day that Sarah admitted it took her forever to figure it out and that she had done it while playing at Rigby Lake with not enough attention to her sunblock:


Poor gal.  She may look miserable, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for others to help them keep ahead of their idiot teenagers.  I've made lots of sacrifices for the cause too but I just can't remember what they are right now.  Wish I had an emoji to say that...


2 comments: