Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Still Want To Strangle you Maria

This week I had two small roofs repaired on my home that ended up costing me more than was quoted when I agreed to purchase the house.  Worse still, I learned that I now need to replace all the gutters and downspouts on my house as well.  I cried a little when I found out.  I plotted the previous owner's death for the 20th time.  I then swallowed my anger and came up with a plan to get the money I need for repairs.  Just when I think that I can't take anymore bad news about my house and that I am willing to go to jail for some heinous, violent act against Maria the jerk, something wonderful happens.  Like driving to Salem, Massachusetts to check out the nonsense at Halloween time.  It was ridiculous how many people were there, but it's pretty fantastic that it was no big deal for us to go.  Here's the three littles with my friends Renee and Briana in front of the Witch House.  Hannah of course would not get in the pic:


Know what else kept me from killing Maria?  Remembering how wonderful it is to live in New England and to be able to watch the leaves change.  We decided to go on a Sunday drive up north and drove to Portland, Maine to check out their leaves.  That's right.  It's no big deal to pop up to Maine from Rhode Island:



We had a lovely time.  Even Hannah.  Check it out:



Ok.  I know it doesn't look like she's having a good time, but at the end of our trip, she found a rock placed there by some crazy group that hides rocks and she was pretty stoked about it...


We posted the pic to Facebook as they requested and then promptly mailed the rock to Kayley so that she could hide it in Idaho somewhere.  I hope the rock lunatics from Maine enjoy my effort.


I also took a reprieve from hating Maria the fibber when this guy showed up:


That's right!  He's raiding the giant rock pile Maria left!  He filled his truck and then asked to come back on Wednesday for more.  You bet buddy.  I'll tell Maria you give your good wishes.

It also was wonderful to spend our first Halloween together in Rhode Island.  The kids made out like bandits and I got to enjoy listening to them get candy from the Mafia.  Seriously, the accents here are awesome and it still feels like every Rhode Islander has to be in the mob just because of the way they talk.  I also loved how many of the people stood outside waiting for the kids to arrive so that they didn't even have to knock on the doors.  Seriously Rhodies.  Can you be any cooler?  Here's the trick or treating crew this year...


Yep, I've had a lot of disappointment with my new home, but it's also huge, has a nice big yard, and still has a lot of potential, provided I can continue to find the dough to make my vision a reality.  You're lucky I have such a positive attitude Maria.  It's the only thing keeping you alive...








No comments:

Post a Comment