Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Time Warp

My sweet lover was on a tirade this evening about people who post "remember this?" on Facebook.  I'm not on Facebook so he had to enlighten me that it's a way for people to reminisce about their past.  He got pretty hot discussing how he doesn't give a flying flip about toys and other nonsense from his childhood.  "Move on people!"  

I found this very interesting coming from the dude who last week couldn't stop raving about vinyl records.  I told him I blame him for the record player which now resides in my daughter's room.  I bitched and moaned for 5 minutes about how stupid vinyl is and what walks in my room?  This:
She's trying to convince me how great an Elvis record from the 70's still sounds.  I yelled at her to get that crap outta my room - that Elvis has NEVER sounded good, vinyl or otherwise.  In defiance she pulled out the big guns:


WHAT?!!!  I stuck up for her taste in music last week but the Bee Gees?  Apparently it was only three bucks.  I think she got ripped off.  Whoever was selling that POS should have paid HER at least a hot 5 to take it off their hands!  Having a Bee Gees album near any other music devalues the property in my opinion.  Here's my selfie to show how angry I am about my flesh and blood owning actual disco music:


What has happened?  Am I living in Bizarro world?  All my babies have been hunkered around that new machine listening to old music for two damn days.  Next thing I know they're going to start wearing bell bottoms and smoking doobies while I'm at work.  I feel like I'm the only sane person in my house right now and it's scary.  

Just when I thought I'd have to break the Bee Gees over my knee, my youngest pulled the record player off the dresser on accident.  Nothing broke unfortunately, but at least the freak show migrated back to Kayley's room where it belonged.  I can't take much more of this.  Maybe an iTunes gift card will help...  You can't buy vinyl with that can you?




No comments:

Post a Comment