Friday, May 13, 2016

Insert Quarters

There's a small list of things that I hate about not living in a house of my own.  The ultimate detestation that tops the list is represented here:


What is going on?  It's me waiting for my laundry to finish as I sit in a local laundromat.  Let me be clear, I HATE USING THE LAUNDROMAT!  Sure, it's nice getting all the laundry done at once. You could also argue that the people watching afforded one who sits in a laundromat is unequalled in nearly any other venue.  However, pluses aside, I detest the laundromat for the following reasons:

1.  I am cheap and can think of loads (ha ha) of other ways to waste 10 bucks

2.  I hate watching my quarters drop into the washers and dryers because I use quarters to fill my fountain drinks, and therefore, it translates into 9 Diet Dr. Peppers I now won't have the money to drink

3.  I obsess and worry about total strangers catching a peek at the crotch of my underpants

In an effort to shake things up, and because I think the laundromat I've been using has the dryers set too low in order to bilk me outta extra quarters, I found a new laundromat today.  At first, I peed a little when I saw the washers were 25 cents less and also took wash cards that make the loads even cheaper.  However, when I used one of my winnings in the skittles machine I got this:


7 damn skittles?!  I felt my ire rising but tamped it down when I noticed that the bathroom didn't require an act of congress to use!  I got excited again when I noticed a really tall magazine rack that the other laundromat did not have.  My excitement was short lived however, when I noticed the glaring lack of a single People magazine.  I researched how to have mind blowing sex from the lone Cosmo they had, but I've been around the block a time or two, and their suggestions were laughable, impractical, and downright dangerous for this 41 year old woman and her fat (but very sexy) lover.  I slid that smutty Cosmo back into the rack and felt a twinge of embarrassment when a creepy man folding underpants noticed what I'd been reading.  I wanted to assure him there was nothing useful in that stupid magazine, but it took all my effort not to stare at the crotch of the underpants he was folding. 

Thankfully, before I could think of anything else to condemn on the premises, my laundry was done drying.  Guess what?  I was right about the other laundromat!  They have rigged their dryers!  All told, I saved about 3 bucks going to the new laundry facilities.  I was so happy about all the loot I saved that I felt extra happy relaxing with the Diet Dr. Pepper I got on the way home.  It was also wonderful because I brought back my metal chill straw home on the airplane this week.


We won't talk about how angry it made me that airport security thought this baby was some sort of dangerous weapon and that it delayed my entrance through the IF airport.  We won't talk about it because I'm high with riches, caffeine, and not being in the laundromat anymore...


3 comments:

  1. You should make some tamales for your landlady. She'll be impressed enough to offer up her washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not surely chocolate chip cookies will do the trick.oh wait,that might ignite her pedophile son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If not surely chocolate chip cookies will do the trick.oh wait,that might ignite her pedophile son.

    ReplyDelete