Monday, May 23, 2016

Mommies

This weekend I not only got to hang out with my sweet lover and kids doing things I enjoyed, but I also had some crappy mom duties to complete.  The most interesting one?  Getting my two eldest through their wisdom teeth removal.  

I am well acquainted with "hangry" because of my lovely Hannah.  What I didn't have words for, until my brother coined the phrase yesterday, was, "paingry."  This situation is very similar to hungry anger, but instead involves pain anger.  Let's just say my two eldest were in fine annoying form.  Check it:



Norco and Ibuprofen around the clock along with endless Mac and cheese to also keep "hangry" at bay were barely enough to keep them from killing everything in their path.  I decided I probably deserve their abuse seeing as how I'm not a very tender mommy.  Need yet another example?  Check out my response to Hannah using her IPod to find me the other day:


I know.  Mother of the year coming my way...  My kids really shouldn't complain. There's LOADS of sweet, supportive, homemaker type moms out there, but only one of me.  They've had an eccentric and very interesting upbringing that I'm hoping they'll thank me for later.  I can only use my own mommy for comparison.  She is not the tender type either unless there's a grandbaby around, but she is wise, down to earth, independent, and not afraid of anything.  I will take those qualities over a sloppy kiss any day of the week.

You think I'm eccentric?  Check out how happy my mom is with the Mother's Day gift she got this year:


My dad is finally figuring out that the way to this lady's heart is not with diamonds or chocolate, but with kick ass power tools that her children want to borrow as fast as she gets her hands on them.  

And how about her ability to fix anything?  And I do mean anything and everything.  This Sunday in fact, we nearly had a disaster when her pastry bag split open in the middle of our churro production line.  Her solution?


Yep.  More duct tape than anyone should be allowed to own.  She's laughing because she thinks it looks like a penis with ED.  That means a penis that can't get a boner in case you have no idea what Erectile Dysfunction is.  Thank goodness the flaccid pastry bag lasted long enough for me to eat churros until I wanted to puke - just like my sister Briana in Tiajuana a few years ago.  

Yes, my kids don't know how good they've got it coming from such a long line of eccentrics as they do.  You know who else has got it good?  Me!  Because the girls are four days after surgery and I left all the "hangry" and "paingry" in Idaho for my poor husband.  Sorry my love, Rhode Island never looked so good!



4 comments:

  1. I've known you were a special mom for a couple years now....ever since I heard you call your daughters dumbasses for picking the wrong flavor of Jamba Juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it should be. Chocolate mood or nothing I say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who did you get that picture from?! Jeff?! HE LOSES MY TRUST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your BFF Ember. Don't lose sight of the big picture Kayley. Funny blog equals famous momma...

    ReplyDelete