Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Go West Young Man...

I just arrived back in Rhode Island after an extended weekend visit with my family in Idaho.  The main purpose of the trip was to visit with Jared and his demons and to also watch Newsies in Salt Lake City with Lily - one of the final shows of our season ticket packet of 2016.  Since my family can't help but butt into everyone's business, they scheduled family pictures that weekend as well.  In hindsight, I can sort of understand the planning, given that I now live so far away and two of the grandchildren will be graduating next year.  However, I wasn't very gracious when they told me I had to show up at 6:45 AM Saturday morning to take said pictures.  In an attempt to anger the siblings being the most annoying about the pictures (Camilla and Chris) I showed up wearing my finest apparel...


I was really hoping to get more of a reaction but they all humored me.  I even wore a sexually explicit shirt two of my friends made me under the suit, just in case the bear wasn't enough...



Unfortunately, my crazy family barely even blinked.  Jared, as usual, was my rock, and thought I looked sexy both in my shirt, and masquerading as a bear.  This is him trying to take advantage of me on a bridge in the park after the picture taking had ended...



may or may not have been responsible for staging this assault.  I left the bear suit in Idaho for Alyssa after Jared finished molesting me and am kind of feeling sad that it is gone.

Family pictures and Newsies comprised only part of my weekend.  The biggest part was monopolized by this guy:



This is my brother, Sam.  He's been growing his hair out for some time now and he's been mistaken for Jesus by so many little kids in his church group, that I don't think he's ever going to cut it again; just for the novelty of it.  His hair is the least of his problems since he's known far and wide for multiple acts of idiocy.  These include, but are not limited to:  eating food left in his car over a hot weekend and nearly dying from food poisoning, eating food out of the garbage, constantly pooping his pants, making a wax mold of his erection, showing off his naked body to anyone who will look, etc. etc. etc.  This weekend Sam found some old underwear my dad used to bike ride in.  Any normal person would have just ridiculed my dad for saving underpants for 30+ years, but Sam put his own personal spin on things:




There are no words to describe the trauma I endured by watching him flip his business about if you catch my drift.  No sooner had he shed the underpants, then he shared his talent of making a penis out of a hot dog:



Let's just say none of us in the room could breathe after his show.  Lest you find Sam's God given talents less than impressive, I dare you to sit through one of his many performances without laughing yourself nearly to death.


I'm missing my family and my friends, but I was actually quite happy to land back in Boston.  I am really starting to get a handle for this area and it is beginning to feel more and more like home.  Plus, the people I work with are keeping a close eye on me and helping me figure everything out.  I even had a list of the beaches of Rhode Island waiting for me in my box when I got back to help with my sightseeing.  Best of all, the budget for this next year just got voted on and a season pass to visit any state beach is now only 30 bucks!  See ya Idaho!  I got crevices in need of some sand...  

























2 comments:

  1. That shirt rocks! Some pretty cool bitches must've given it to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you somehow involved in this: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/11/police-searching-man-dressed-gorilla-burst-apartment/

    ReplyDelete