Saturday, August 20, 2016

Finally!

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly take one more second living alone in Rhode Island, this happened:


This is a screenshot of a Snapchat pic one of my daughter's friends took.  That's right folks.  My house in Idaho is finally under contract.  It's amazing how much peace and comfort can descend upon a person in such a short amount of time.  Last week I felt abandoned, lonely, and incredibly sad, and this week - peachy!  It took us about 3 days from the first offer to make the final deal and as many counter offers, but at last we are on our way.  The inspection period starts Tuesday so hopefully nothing arises that will bust the contract, but since I have taken good care of that old gal, I'm not terribly worried.

Given that I still want my sexy lover and my goblin children to move in with me, I had to start looking for digs in my new home state.  It felt weird to go by myself.  No hubby or kids to provide opinions.  No mommy to help me decide how costly something would be to fix...  Weird.  As per my usual, I was on the scout for something old and classy with renovations that needed to be done to keep me busy on my days off.  I found a cool bathroom in a place that needed TONS of work:


Unfortunately, the awesome tub and nasty green paint was the only character the house had going for it.  Plus, it didn't have enough parking for my extensive caravan that will be departing for the East soon.  I felt a little discouraged and had set up a time with the realtor to look at more homes when Jared found a property that I LOVED about 2 months ago that had gone under contract.  Turns out the deal fell through and it's back on the market.  I have to admit that I am beyond excited about putting in an offer on the place and feel a little sheepish because it's starting to feel divinely prepared - despite my rantings against God for the last several months.  Apparently he does care about me and my family and may be waiting to bless us with the house of my dreams...  the dream house that I thought I had in Idaho but turns out was really waiting for me the whole time in Rhode Island.  Sorry, no pics or address because I don't want to jinx it... but can you cross your fingers for me anyway?





2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel, this makes me so happy! It is all working out! As much as I don't want your family to move, I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two claw foot tubs. One is utterly useless since someone repainted it with a porous material which caused some major rusting. I don't have the know how nor the tools to fix it. The other tub is the bomb! We use it all the time. I hope your new home can have claw tub character in the bathroom because they certainly are cool and a must have in an older home.

    ReplyDelete