Saturday, August 13, 2016

Swine...

I'm pulling a 24 hour call shift today and since I didn't have anyone in labor, I got to escape to the muggy outdoors and wander to my heart's content.  It just so happens I'm in an unofficial weight loss competition with my older daughters right now and because I don't want to pay them 100 bucks, I decided to wander my fat butt around more vigorously than normal for the exercise.  

I have found that I have developed a great appreciation for the ocean since arriving in Rhode Island.  I wanted to wiggle my toes in the Atlantic yesterday but we had a wicked loud thunderstorm in the evening so I scrapped my plans to avoid electrocution.  Clear skies today meant a safe wander to Goddard Memorial Park - one of my favorite places.  Check out the view:




You see that little rock to the far right?  Let me help:


Yeah that one.  Whenever I pass this rock I always see birds hanging out.  I love to stand and watch them because they aren't stupid seagulls.  I probably should learn what type of ocean bird they are, but until then, I'll continue yelling, "hey birds," at them whenever I pass.

Know what else I finally started doing on my beach walks?  Bringing a trash bag so I can collect more garbage from the pigs who defile Mother Nature.  Today was no exception:


Today I collected two Pepsi cans, a container of biscuit dough, a bunch of glass, and a piece of someone's toilet lid.  I also found a rusty radiator and wondered where in the world it came from.  If Jared had been with me, I would have made him carry it out so I could collect some cash at a recycling center.  Since I didn't want anyone thinking I was a loon, but mostly because I'm lazy, I decided instead to just sit next to it for a while and stare condescendingly at everyone else around me without a garbage bag.

After my sweaty walk and answering three pages from three separate ladies about skin rashes, I thought I deserved a reward for my litter collection initiative.  I decided to go to the one place Mother Nature would take me to if she could:


That's right.  I have a problem.  Come over and taste some Del's frozen lemonade and you'll stop judging me.  Might I also point out I'm not using a straw or a spoon but am sucking my Del's straight outta the cup like a true Rhody.  Thank goodness my friend Alyssa has taught me how to be legit here in the Ocean State.  

I'm back chilling in the free AC at the hospital and counting down the hours til 8 am.  I've done so much good today I almost thought I heard Mother Nature tell me I deserved a nap...


Don't mind if I do...





1 comment:

  1. I need to come get some of that lemonade, is it a seasonal thing?

    ReplyDelete