Thursday, October 27, 2016

Home Sweet Home

I landed in Idaho Falls about four days ago for a visit.  I was supposed to fly in so that I could drive my family to our new home in Rhode Island, but since the deal on my Idaho home fell through, it transformed into a vacation... at my empty house... that I can't seem to sell...  Thankfully, I love Idaho Falls and I love my empty house that I can't sell.  In addition, I love Jared and his horrible babies, so my vacation has really been quite pleasant.  The best part about vacationing in the town I come from is all the familiar things that never seem to change.  Take it from me, stability can be quite comforting and wonderful - for instance, good friends.  I don't have many, but the few I have are supportive and kind.  I can always count on at least one of them begging for a visit when I come home and it's nice to be liked and loved.  Here's my friend Cynthia who just had her appendix out.


We have quite a personal history together and it's always nice to see her.  I have a few more friend visits as my vacation progresses and I'll enjoy seeing each of them just as much as I enjoy Cynthia.

What else can I count on?


My lovely daughter Hannah telling me she hates me at least once.  She's apologized twice for being a brat so far this trip  and I'm counting on at least two more episodes.  I don't enjoy her nasty side, but there's something comforting in being able to practice my mom lectures about respect and dignity.  We all have a purpose in this life and mine is to deal with Hannah - I'm truly blessed.

I also cannot come to Idaho without a bit of this:



Yep.  Reed's Dairy.  I'm especially psyched because eggnog is in season right now.  I've had a waffle cone already plus I paid nearly 10 bucks for one quart of eggnog and one quart of chocolate milk.  It's darned expensive liquid, but worth every penny.  I have tasted some decent ice cream in the East but have yet to find Reed's Dairy's equal.  We may not have much in Idaho, but the stuff we have is top notch.

My final tradition?  This little weasel:


My baby Bubba is a blabbermouth, a bully, and a diva, all rolled into a tiny blonde frame.  She's spent my entire vacation pestering to play on my phone, bullying her sisters, and tonight, played her most annoying card.


She's a MAJOR tub crasher.  She crashed Emma's tub earlier this evening, then crammed into mine.  Even if she sat perfectly still she'd annoy me, but add in her splashing, gossip, and rude commentary on my jiggly body, and she's downright intolerable.  Why don't I kick her out you ask?  Because.  She's my baby, she still likes me and my fat stomach, and it's become tradition for her to crash my tub.  The day she no longer fits or no longer asks, a part of me will die.  At that point, it will take at least 20 dollars worth of chocolate milk and/or eggnog to take the edge off my grief.

I have over a week left to hang in the Gem State and I'm grateful for the chance to be with my family for awhile and just enjoy all the bliss my hometown has to offer...  Whats that Hannah?  You hate me again?  That's fine but can you bring me some chocolate milk?  Just follow the sounds of Bubba slapping my fat gut because I'll be drinking my bliss in the tub tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment