Saturday, December 3, 2016

Moving Day

Today, the frat house became more like an apartment for me because Renee's brother, his girlfriend, and the girlfriend's son bought a house and moved out.  Since I am a decent human being and a Christian, I decided to help them move.  The only problem is, I HATE moving.  I actually detest it.  Most things in life don't bother me too much, but I don't care how little or how much you have, or whether you are moving your own crap or someone else's, it's just plain horrible.  We got started at about 9 this morning and didn't finish until 4 PM.  That's the other thing I despise about moving - it doesn't matter how quickly you think the process will take - add 3 hours to the worst case scenario and you might get finished when you estimated.  Have I stressed enough that I hate moving?

The day wasn't too horrible because I found a Cumberland Farms in Burrillville, RI where Pierre moved that had Coke Zero on tap.  Highlight one. 

Renee also took me to Wright's Dairy Farm in Woonsocket, RI so I could try their fresh chocolate milk and egg nog.


Was it better than Reed's Dairy?  No.  Was it at least as good as Reed's Dairy?  Not even close.  I am beginning to wonder if the milk that comes from cows outside of the Gem State are even capable of lactating a product that can be turned into something sublime.  My search for perfection continues, but even if I can't ever find a dairy product I love as much as Reed's Dairy's, at least I have a wonderful place to eat when I visit my loved ones in Idaho.  Know what Wright's Dairy does have?  A pastry counter.  And a rather extensive one at that.  I was skeptical at first because I couldn't see how a dairy and a pastry shop were connected.  Turns out it doesn't matter because the pastry shop was absolutely divine.  I had a peanut butter brownie that turned me on and I saw at least 2 dozen other items that would probably affect me in the same way.  Definitely highlight number two.

Since I underestimated how long it would take us to finish moving duties, I didn't get around to showering until nearly 7 PM Eastern time.  I was so sweaty and gross that when I took my socks off to jump in the shower, my toes were wrinkly.  It's been a long time since I have been so disgusted by my personal hygiene but man that shower was the third highlight of my day.

At some point today, Renee offered me the room Pierre vacated since its bigger than the room I'm in...


However, I'm lazy.  Even though I don't have much to move, I made it clear to Renee that transferring my belongings across the hall was more effort than I would ever be willing to exert - thank you just the same.  Yep.  It's quiet around the frat house now.  After gorging ourselves on our pastries, Renee graciously offered to help me move into my new home if I could ever sell my place in Idaho.  Unfortunately, I want her to still be my friend after this whole ordeal is over, so I think when it's time, I'll just sneak out of the frat house so she won't be able to help me.  Have I ever mentioned how awful it is to move? 


1 comment:

  1. It's the tator flakes that sets Reeds apart don't ya know

    ReplyDelete