Saturday, September 5, 2015

Comfortable Accomodations

It's Labor Day Weekend and it appears that all of my patients want to be in labor.  In the last 48 hours I have attended four births and have had maybe 10 hours of cumulative sleep.  My week actually began with two deliveries that I did on Monday.  I slept at the hospital that night and found myself doing the same this weekend.  Although I tend to complain when I have to sleep without my hubby, I realized that perhaps I should consider moving into Madison Memorial Hospital on a permanent basis.  This decision could certainly be justified from a convenience standpoint, but in reality, there are numerous additional reasons that this would make sense.  

First, they have a lovely little shower tucked away in the women's locker room.  This is very handy for washing dirty crevices created while providing labor support to sweating, moaning, pregnant ladies.  The shower service comes complete with scrubs that someone else purchased and will launder for me as long I leave them in the proper designated hamper.

 
This sweet shower has a handicap seat that pulls down so that if I want to turn my bathing into a sit down affair like in a fancy spa...  BINGO!  Best of all?  I don't have to clean the sucker!  Housekeeping magically cleans it when I'm not around so my shower is always fresh and delightful.  As a side note, I sent this pic to my lover but I was certainly not discussing how great the shower was.  I'll leave it up to your imagination.
 
Second, there's a decent provider lounge stocked with sandwiches, chips, sodas, and of course my favorite:  Lorna Doones.  No one charges me any money for this service I take advantage of and like the clean shower, the food magically appears and is always in abundant supply.  Although I know it must be part of the kitchen staff's rounds to stock the fridge, I like to pretend it's the work of some sort of magical hospital fairy.

Third reason I could make MMH my home?  My Diet Dr Pepper habit.  They have the brown elixir on tap and have my favorite accompaniment - nugget ice.  The refills are only 50 cents but I get the employee discount.  Here's my first of the morning along with my change.


The only drawback to this perk is that they don't have lids to fit my giant mug and they don't have a frequent filler punch card for free refills.  However, at 48 cents a pop, this is a minor inconvenience.

I guess as I'm listing justification for relocation I can't leave out this:


This is a pic of one of the private sleep rooms available to me.  And might I add that free tv, cable, computers, and wifi are part of the luxurious amenities at MMH.  This is how I left my bed this morning because guess what?  Free laundry and bed making service provided by the housekeeping fairies!  It's magical that someone takes care of this for me and I try to be really nice to the housekeeping staff because I love them so very much.

For any Negative Nells that think I might get lonely, Check it Yo:


Delicious cafeteria food with my family, and yes, that is a second Diet Dr Pepper.  Remember the employee discount?  Cheaper than McDonalds and more delicious by far.  Plus, no dishes to wash!

Yep.  I think this just might work out for everyone.  Fairies to take care of me and free room and board.  I'm going to go speak to admin after the holiday to ask for a rental agreement.  The only kink I gotta work out is scheduling non creepy conjugal visits...



2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'll move in there with you. (But I'm not giving you conjugal visits)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you at least spoon with me? I call big spoon in the drawer!!!

    ReplyDelete