Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stupid Karma!

My mommy and daddy left for vacation with my brother today.  As such, Dad felt the need to text me the following message since he knew I'd be watching the Utes on his TV:


I of course could not let this pass without a pester in his direction, so I texted him that Dexter the three legged cat wanted some time outside.  For the record, Dex was sleeping at Jared's feet in front of the Utah season opener.  Within thirty seconds, Dad was on the line listing all the reasons that I shouldn't let his furry buddy out.  "He'll whine about it, but he'll get over it...blah, blah, blah."  I just pressed my advantage and eventually called him neurotic.  Then my mom got on the line and agreed that dad and his cat were weird but please eat all her peaches and cream she left in the fridge...

I hung up, pleased with the havoc I had wreaked with my dad, when my babies wanted them some peaches and cream. What do I spy while acquiescing to their demands?  Corn Chex!  I love Corn Chex and I never buy it because I just can't control myself around the delicious corny squares!  Therefore, I poured myself a scrumptious crunchy bowl and got ready to head downstairs for more football.

I should have tread more lightly because Karma was lurking after my Dexter crime.  I hadn't even taken a bite when WHAMO!!!  I landed right on my back on the stairs, skinned my elbows, and tweaked my ankle.  Worst of all?  Guess where my Corn Chex went?


Oh man I'm hurting in this pic!  I cleaned up the mess, texted my dad to apologize for my insolence towards Dex, and noticed it still smelled like Corn Chex everywhere.  Then I noticed this:


Well crap!  Most of the cereal milk ended up on me!  I decided to listen to the universe and take my lumps like a man so I didn't pour another bowl of Chexy goodness.  Stupid Dexter!  And stupid Karma too!  I was feeling pretty low when my ex-midwife partner sent me this:


It was a start toward healing my wounded pride but it didn't bring back my Corn Chex.  You better watch your back Dexter.  This ain't over!




 

1 comment:

  1. With how frequently you pester people, I'm shocked Karma doesn't get you more often. But the loss of the Corn Chex really is tragic.

    ReplyDelete