Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hurry Up!

I may have a Diet Dr. Pepper problem.  MAY...  I won't discuss just how much I actually consume on a daily basis, but I will admit that sometimes I realize I haven't had a drop of pure H20 to drink before I lay my lovely head down on my pillow at night.  Yesterday, I went to get my fix with my sweet lover at the local convenience store since fountain Diet Dr. Pepper is the sweetest elixir of all.  By the time we arrived, Bubba had convinced me that she deserved a hot chocolate and once the car was parked, she jumped out to get her favorite beverage.  I was so focused on getting my fix that I didn't notice what she was wearing until she hopped out:  high heeled shoes her sisters passed down for dress up.  She could barely walk in the suckers and made a very loud "clack clack" with every step.  It was harshing my gig because I wanted my soda and I wanted it quick!  Normally, I encourage my kids to be weirdos and the shoes wouldn't have bothered me...  IF I had not been in need of a soda.  As it turned out, I tried to be patient long enough for her to get in the store, then I went about procuring soda refills and hot cocoa while she "clack clacked" to catch up to me at her own pace.

I calmed down once I had a sip of my favorite brown liquid, but then I had to wait until the little one slowly "clack clacked" her way to the car.  Here she is barely staying afloat while trying to keep her cocoa upright.


Worse yet, on the way to the car, Jared got accosted by an ex-con who wanted to let my man know that he was now flying right, so it took even LONGER to get back to the vehicle.  Here's how I felt when I finally settled in with my drink:


The fact that I am even blogging about this experience might lead some to believe I have at least one disgusting habit that needs to be changed.  My response?  You're right!  I'm going to stop bringing my kids with me on my Diet Dr. Pepper runs so that I can get my fix faster!


No comments:

Post a Comment