Friday, January 22, 2016

Dear Hannah

Dear Hannah,

I'm sorry you were so upset about me painting your hidey hole this hideous gray color tonight:


As you expressed in your prickly way, I also don't understand why the realtor wants neutral colors in every room I think I can paint before the house sells.  Hell Hannah, I can't think of a single thing in my life I'm neutral about!  I'm sad about painting over your strawberry shortcake colors.  I'm nervous about leaving our home and everything we've grown to love.  I'm legitimately scared that being without Reed's Dairy ice cream and sex with your dad while I wait for school to end and you all to follow me to Rhode Island might kill me!

Rest assured Hannah, dad and I did not arrive at our decision to leave Idaho lightly.  Many sleepless nights were had, (by me only) buckets of tears were wept, (by me only) and countless prayers were offered before deciding on this new adventure.  Just remember a few things I hope this move will teach you:

     1.  When something feels right, you run with it, even if you feel like pooping your pants about it every moment of your day

     2.  You are in charge of your destiny - don't let others decide your fate

     3.  Time with family trumps money, prestige...  actually it trumps everything

     4.  Please don't get pregnant and/or start a nasty drug habit when we move to Providence until you are 18 and are no longer my problem...

Chin up Hannah, this move is gonna be a-ok.  I know this to be fact because of how close we're going to live to fresh lobster, boys in swim trunks, and Dunkin' Donuts!

Sincerely,

Mom   














No comments:

Post a Comment