Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Drinks are on Me

I came home from work and saw this Monday night:

See the far right?  My home is officially up for sale.  It's sad, exciting, and downright weird.  I really hope we can find someone who will love the old gal as much as we have over the years, but as long as the check clears, I guess they can hate her if they like.  Thankfully, I'm nearly done with the third floor bathroom repairs, but have been waiting for the sink and faucet I ordered to arrive.  The faucet came today, so I wanted to send my mom an enticing notice about it so she would get her butt over to help me install it.  Here's what I decided on...


It's been several hours and I haven't heard from her.  I'm not too worried because if kind words won't draw her out, I'll nag her to death.  

You probably can't tell from the pic, but I came home with a raging headache tonight.  For those tempted to ask if I might be having caffeine withdrawal, I'm not!  I've had plenty of Diet Dr Pepper today.  Jared thinks the headache is exhaustion related since I haven't slept much in the last two days because of my endless baby catching.  Regardless of the cause, I was miserable.  I decided to go shower in the basement to see if I finally got the leak in the shower door fixed - and to see if some scalding water might relax me and kill the headache.

My eldest suffers from terrible migraines, so the little sweetie brought me some Excedrin Migraine, and Diet Cherry Pepsi since soda and pills help her immensely.  She was bummed to find me in the shower, but I told her I'd take her kindness anyway.  She thought Pepsi in the shower was ludicrous, but I thought it luxurious!


I stood in the boiling downpour and sipped my icy beverage, pretending I was in some fancy spa where conventional rules of polite behavior did not exist.  When Bubba discovered me relaxing with my Pepsi, she hopped right in and begged for a sip.  With no small amount of enthusiasm she quipped, "I'm drinking naked in the shower!"  See Kayley?  I'm not a lunatic!  In fact, bring another round for all my friends!  It hasn't helped my headache a bit, but it has helped my soul!




No comments:

Post a Comment