Sunday, January 3, 2016

Finally!!!

Since Jared took last week off, spouting all about having a long holiday vacation, I taught him a lesson and made him my home renovation slave instead.  We painted, caulked, textured, and cursed.  Thankfully, 7 days later, we're nearly done with two of my bathrooms and one long hallway that has needed some attention since I moved in 8 years ago.  

One of the problems when I get started on a project I actually intend to finish, is that I can't focus on anything else.  I didn't cook a single meal this week and since I barely paid attention to my kids, I doubt they ate much more than cheese and crackers during the day.  Don't feel sorry for those rats because I took them out to dinner every night.  Here we are at Papa Tom's on Saturday:


I am a pizza snob and this is one of my favorites.  When we dine in, I'm always worried I'm going to contract an STD because this place is skanky!  However, I have found through much experience that some of the visually nastiest establishments serve the best food, so I try not to judge a book by its cover so to speak.  Tom's food speaks to my soul, even if the decor does not...

After stuffing ourselves on pizza last night, we finally got the main finishing touches done on my middle bathroom.  I realized I haven't had a working tub in my house for nearly two years, so I dropped my pants in front of everyone in my path, and found myself here:


It was magical.  My eldest jerk babies ridiculed me but I didn't care!  I refilled that tub 4 times so I could soak as long as I pleased while listening to my Pandora stations on shuffle.  

I still have some work to go, but I'm pretty close to being done - except for my third floor bathroom that still needs tile.  No problem, I told my mom she better show up on Tuesday to help or else!  I'm considerate that way...





No comments:

Post a Comment