Friday, December 4, 2015

I'm Dying...

My niece, Kate from Coeur d'Alene, made the state drama competition which is being held in Idaho Falls this year.  Therefore, we were lucky enough to hang with her and watch her perform.  We watched tonight's round at Bonneville High School whose mascot happens to be the bee.  Let me digress and say that I'm considering starting a petition to have the name changed because look at this guy...


What's up with his nose?  Bees don't use their noses to sting!  He's also too aggressive for my taste given my love of the honeybee.  This is just perpetuating myths about my beloved gals!  My mom interrupted my diatribe by suggesting he was an Africanized honey bee, or maybe a "bee"otch...  She then lost her train of thought because she thought it looked like he had a penis bulge from the front which of course is absolutely ridiculous...


Luckily for me, my mom wasn't the only freak at the competition.  See my dad being creepy with this young lady?


He had seen her earlier, crying her eyes out in front of some lockers.  Being a tender hearted weirdo, he tried to comfort her and offer assistance - forgetting he was at a drama competition.  She just stared at him and told him she was practicing.  He told me about it later and muttered that he wasn't going to talk to anyone else at this stupid function!  Poor guy got his feelings hurt, but at least this high school kiddo has some wicked acting skills!

In my folks's defense, I myself was a bit of a dork once I found Kate...


What's with my tongue?  It totally looks fake!  I was so proud!  Kate played a patient with ovarian cancer in her monologue.  In hindsight, I wish I would have known just how serious the "solo serious" classification was!  I listened to a bit about infantacide, a tirade about same sex relations and religion, and even heard some pimply dude yell:  ASSHOLE and no one even cared!  By the time Kate's group was done, I felt driven to drink just to take the edge off!  Thankfully, my dad bought candy at the concession stand for my little ones since they kept their yaps shut for one whole hour.  Nothing like a bag of Nibs to make me feel human again.

Yep, it was good to see my northern niece and enjoy her talents.  She'll find out tomorrow how well she did.  I personally think she should win just because she said "ovaries," several times.  It's a word I can definitely get behind!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming Aunt Rachel! I was super glad you were able to see me preform! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure Katie and I love you. I'm still voting for comedy next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think that bee depiction is weird, you should see the one painted on the floor as you go into the gym. It's a constipated bee.

    ReplyDelete