Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Head is Going to Explode!

There is a nasty viral sinus bug going around up here in my neck of the woods.  I have several patients who have come down with it.  My baby had it a week ago and it caused a cough that made her sound like a puppy dog when she coughed.  I am not kidding, it was literally a bark.  My sweet lover and I caught it about the same time, but he was feeling better yesterday.  I, however, was not.  As the day progressed, my sinuses were so full of pressure that I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head.  Every few minutes, I would press on my eye sockets just to make sure my eyes hadn't shifted from their normal position.  We went out to dinner last night and I couldn't even taste my meal.  What a waste!  By about 7 PM, I couldn't take it anymore so I went on the hunt for some relief.  It appeared in the form of a severe cold formulation that happened to have a bit of Unisom in it.  I was hoping it would dry out some of my secretions and because I was so miserable, I took the first dose in the store before I had even purchased the medication.   Jared and I then headed home to work on some paneling in my middle bathroom.  Check me out:


I could barely keep my eyes open!  I would sit on the tub or the John, wait for Jared to make the next cut, and then have him drag me up to help hang the panel.  I thought, "why is my mouth so damn dry and why am I so tired?!"  Then I remembered, duh!  Unisom!  When I crawled into bed, it didn't take long to crash completely into deep sleep!  I woke up this morning dry as a bone and hungover from the lingering drowsiness that happens for me with old antihistamines like Unisom.

Stupid sinus infection!  And stupid Unisom!  I have a beautiful love hate relationship with you!  I hate your side effects, but love the wonderful sleepy feeling you give me even at small doses!  I'm still congested and coughing a bit today, but as the Unisom fog is slowly clearing, I think I might actually be improving.  I decided it was in my best interest to lay off of the cold medication during the day so I can actually function.  I also considered drinking more water today to help my lingering symptoms to clear but...








No comments:

Post a Comment