Saturday, February 20, 2016

Dear Bubba

Dear Bubba,

The hideous gray made yet another appearance in your room today.  When you saw me begin, you said, "hey!  I'm gonna miss that purple!"  I myself was sad to see it go along with the bright yellow that glowed so bright during the day that I often mistakenly thought someone had left on your lights.  Fortunately for me, you came back about an hour into my painting and said, "hey!  It looks pretty good in here!"

I tried to remember your enthusiasm when I took a break to feel sorry for myself and all the painting I've been doing.  I chilled and pondered my upcoming changes in the old tub I inherited from my grandpa.  Here's the view:


I packed the pic I have of my gramps sitting in his tub yesterday.  As I took it off the wall, I said, "come on Opa, you're going to Rhode Island with me."  He kept right on smiling while I packed him in a box.  He's just as excited as you for the change I guess.  Maybe he wants to go to the beach as badly as you do, but too bad!  He's a pic and he can't go swimming or he'd disintegrate!

As I sat in the tub, I decided I could use a snuggle from your dad to help me get over the nasty gray paint everywhere.  I invited him to crawl into the tub for a selfie with me but he informed me he was a large boy and wouldn't fit.  Here's the view from the tub he wouldn't get into:


Don't worry Bub.  I'm just having a down day because of all the color leaving my house and because I haven't found an apartment in Rhode Island yet.  I'm gonna be a okay... If your dad would just climb into my stupid tub with me!

Love,

Mommy






2 comments:

  1. I have tried looking for an apt. for you but no luck!! I posted on faceboook but Ill keep trying! you could always live in a tent on the beach, it would be cheaper. but you might get crabs. literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. The crabs might TRY to infest me but I'll just eat them. You could leave the other Brayton and move with me. I call big spoon when we snuggle in bed!

    ReplyDelete