Thursday, February 25, 2016

I Shall Call it... Marina

My upstairs bathroom is so close to being done, that the throne which has been sitting in my room for two months, is now back in the bathroom where it belongs.  It is glorious and wonderful.  Better still, the shower is finished.  I took a pic to prove it:


My mom threatened to come dance naked in it, but as usual, she didn't have the guts.  I would have let her since she worked on it almost as much as we did, but alas, she kept her wrinkly body home.

Along with some finish work I did in the loo today, I also painted some of my basement.  Since I am leaving my domicile, I am totally unmotivated to pay full price for the nasty neutrals that I've been covering my walls with.  Hence, I've been using discounted mistints from Sherwin Williams.  Today, I descended to the depths of frugality, and mixed four different shades of paint I already owned to create the basement hue.


In honor of the occasion, I texted the only person who would appreciate my artistry:


It's actually a pleasant shade.  Way better than the hideous gray that has gone up everywhere else.  Even my lunatic friend Alyssa appreciated it.  She saw it when she stopped by to give me some U of U donuts she picked up at the Dunkin Donuts in Salt Lake City today.  In case you were wondering, they were delicious:


When I remembered that I have a furnished place to move to in five weeks, and that Dunkin Donuts ain't half bad and are everywhere in RI, and that "Marina" was essentially free and looked fairly decent spread around the basement, I decided I had a lot of reasons to feel blessed for a few moments.  That reminds me, Alyssa's coming to Rhode Island this summer.  Anyone want to tag along?  Dunkin is on me!






No comments:

Post a Comment