Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dollar Store Adventures

I love our local Dollar Store.  I don't buy anything important there like actual food or pregnancy tests, but for toothbrushes, school supplies, hair bands, etc. it's a great place to pick up a steal.  

My daughters love the Dollar Store for lip balm, which is in endless supply there.  It's also only a buck, so I'm willing to spring for a tube anytime we're inside looking for other bargains.  Bubba picked out a particularly appealing shade yesterday which I thought was lip balm, but instead turned out to be lipstick.  She's been applying every 10 minutes or so, and for the first time in her life, she hasn't been nibbling it as well.  Ahh, maturity!  This morning she wanted to share with me.  I acquiesced:


She didn't do too bad on my application, but she unfortunately looks like a five dollar hooker.  I went to the gym today and didn't even wash her face before I dropped her at the gym daycare.  Wear your hooker with pride Bub!  I also didn't comb her hair or mine because of my personal gym rules.  It probably dropped her value to two dollars...

Know what else I love about the Dollar Store?  Limited edition candies that never seem to pop up anywhere else in town.  Check these out:


I bought them on a whim and I can't get enough!  They are not Lindt chocolate by any means, but for cheap, American candy - why they work beautifully.  Since discovering them there about a week ago, I have managed to find an excuse to go back to the Dollar Store about four times... maybe even five...  I'm disgusting!  Last night, when Lily needed diorama supplies, I nearly knocked over a chair and peed my pants trying to get into the car for the Dollar Store!  Jared found three boxes and all five female animals agreed they were delightful.  That trip was how Bub found her prostitute makeup, and I managed to find a sale at Fred Meyers since I went there after discovering the Dollar Store didn't have clay.  I purchased the clay Lily needed, bought school clothes for the three youngest babies, and saved myself 984 bucks buying said clothes on clearance!

My life is truly blessed.  Only problem is, I'm having withdrawals this morning.  I can't just go back to the Dollar Store for Limited Edition Sugar Babies, but I've been unable to think of a different, legitimate excuse for going back inside.  Maybe Bub will help.  If I can convince her to eat the rest of her whore lipstick, she'll need another tube...  This just might work...









No comments:

Post a Comment