Monday, February 1, 2016

It's JT

I love Justin Timberlake.  I've enjoyed his talents on many levels for countless years, but felt like a grown woman should not admit that fact out loud.  I would whisper along to his songs so Jared wouldn't know I liked him.  I would feign apathy when one of his singles came on the radio, but do inward leaps of joy when my teens didn't want to change him out for another station.  This charade  worked for me and my ego until Kayley found out I love the JT song, "Sexy Back" a couple of years ago.  She was at first surprised, then appalled, then slowly moved to acceptance (I call this the JT stages of grief) when I could sing all the lyrics if that particular work of art came on the radio.  She once tried to point out how nasty the song was and that I shouldn't like it.  I told her I didn't give a shit and to turn it up!

Once the ice was broken with Kayley, it became easier to admit my problem to others.  First, it was the other girls.  Then, their friends, and somewhere along the way, my sweet lover found out.  For Christmas, Santa gave us ITunes gift cards, so I finally came out of the closet completely and bought some JT:


I told Jared out loud a few weeks ago that I liked Justin Timberlake.  He said, "I know," without an ounce of judgement in his voice.  I asked him tonight what he thought about my addiction and as usual he said, "I don't care."  He then decided to let me know what he had downloaded today:  Four Non Blondes's "What's Up."  I got irate because I detest that song.  A week ago he downloaded "Cotton Eye Joe."  I not so politely informed him that those songs suck nuts.  I do not care that I'm being a total music hypocrite!  My love affair with JT, as well as my indignant behavior, is justified by my dorky spouse's taste in jams!









5 comments:

  1. I totally love JT as well; especially when he's dancing. I wanted to marry him but that darn Jessica Biel snatched him away. Tramp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am touched and somewhat surprised by your sentiment. There's a reason you idolize me... We're practically the same person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. JT is a fag. I'm with Jared, I say heeeey heeeeey heeeey, heeeey heeeey hey. I said hey! What's going oooonn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rofl! That would be my personal hell.

    ReplyDelete